Your new website is up and running. Now what? Are you going to sit back and wait for orders of your products or services to come flying in?
What if nothing happens?
Are you going to curse the web designer, forget about your website, return to your old methods of advertising, and be upset with yourself that you believed a website of your own was “the fashionable, profitable way to go”?
Please don’t, because a website of your own is definitely what you want.
- It’s less expensive than other advertising.
- You can advertise more at the same time.
- You can eliminate speaking to potential customers who are just browsing.
- You can easily have your designer alter or add to your existing “advert”.
- Your website’s content is targeted to only the kind of client you need and want.
- Orders, bookings and queries can be received at any time of day or night.
Again, what if nothing happens?
There is plenty you can do to improve the ‘findability’ of your website – and a lot of it only costs time on the internet!
What can you do?
- Choose your web designer carefully.
- Check how other websites they have designed are ranking on Google – and not just for the name of the business, but also for various other keywords pertaining to their line of business.
- Join forums (that allow you to include your website link in your signature) related to your line of business, and when posting be sure to include keywords that relate to your business.
- Use a free backlink builder (search for it on Google) to help you find the sites that are perfectly suited to your line of business, where you should place a link back to your own site.
- Choose your free classified advertising sites carefully – type in various search words or phrases related to your business, and whichever free classified websites come up in the first few pages of Google results, are the ones you want to place your adverts with.
Take the time to make your website work for you, and you will be rewarded.
Article by Teresa Schultz of TnT Unleashed Web Design